Signet Jewelers Launch Corporate Social Responsibility Report
As an industry leader, Signet Jewelers is constantly striving to be an ever better corporate citizen. To this end, Signet has established four Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Pillars: People, Responsible Sourcing, Environmental Stewardship and Charitable Giving. We are proud of our CSR efforts and initiatives and would like to share more information about them with you.
The CSR Report marks the first time Signet has published a formal report with a detailed overview of our activities, programs and achievements. The
Report is truly a reflection of who we are as a Company, focusing on our four Corporate Social Responsibility Pillars:
- Responsible Sourcing
- Environmental Stewardship
- Charitable Giving
As Mark Light, Chief Executive Officer of Signet Jewelers, said, “We live our mission every day through the jewelry we sell and by putting our values into action. Our focus on these values ensures that our jewelry is sourced and made responsibly, we continue our long tradition of giving back to the communities where we live and work, we incorporate environmentally responsible best practices, and we champion our Team Members. I’m proud of our Team Members and customers who show their passionate support for our CSR initiatives every day.”
Key highlights from Signet’s CSR Report include:
- Signet leads the industry as 1 of 4 US companies to have reported a conflict-free gold supply chain for three consecutive years to the SEC, as verified through independent audits.
- In 2016, the Company launched the Signet Responsible Sourcing Protocol for Diamonds, ensuring all of our suppliers are in full auditable compliance in 2017. The Protocol is another protection in partnership with our suppliers to ensure due diligence on the source of all diamonds delivered to Signet.
- Signet continues to work with industry, governments, trade associations and NGOs to drive change and ensure supply chain integrity.
- Over the past four years, Signet has reduced its energy consumption by 24% in offices and retail space and saved over 2 million gallons of water by implementing efficiency measures.
- Ongoing initiatives to further reduce its impact include employing best practices to optimize its transportation services and employing green building principles.
- The Company launched a new “On the Move Challenge” in 2016 to encourage and support employees in their health and wellness. More than 4,200 employees around the globe participated in the program by setting personal goals, tracking their movement and sharing their successes.
- Signet raised $10 million in 2016 alone through Team Member, Guest and Corporate contributions to support national, regional and local charitable organizations around the world.
- Since 1999, Signet has raised nearly $60 million to support the lifesaving work of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. This year, Signet expanded the number of US stores participating in its successful give-at-the-register program to help reach its goal of $90 million in contributions to St. Jude.
We appreciate you taking the time to visit the Signet Jewelers website to download and read the Report.
If you have any immediate questions or comments, please contact me at: email@example.com